Leisure facilities on offer
– A 240 m² multi-sports pitch: a place to meet, chat and enjoy a sporting challenge over a game of football, basketball or handball etc.
– A playground with small climbing wall, fireman’s pole, net bridge, slide, swing and springers
– A tennis court (hourly hire) for sporting enthusiasts
– A boules pitch and table tennis tables (3 outdoor and 1 indoor): available to use at any time or “by appointment” as part of the events’ schedule
– A games room with billiards table and video games (payment required)
– Pedalos, canoes and motor boats (hourly rental) for fun on the lake
In 2018, La Source campsite decided to introduce “Homeball,” a new sporting phenomenon
With its simple, fun rules, Homeball – a game you can play indoors or out, with either feet or hands – is accessible to all.
So join us this summer for our friendly, fun-filled “holiday” tournaments!
Inflatable fun on the lake
WITBIT WATER PARK is a unique, fun attraction
Climb, jump, slide, dive, swing … Fun guaranteed … Indulge yourself!
Open July and August / Free access to all competent swimmers measuring over 1.1 m.
Sarrans Lake, which is located between Viadène and Carladez, and surrounded by magnificent, unspoilt scenery, is a 2nd category lake teeming with mainly carnivorous fish (perch, pike and zander).
You will need a boat if you want to fish the depths of the lake with its woody debris and cliff drops. However, fishing from the bank can also be very rewarding.
Permits are required for recreational fishing with several options available:
– weekly permit: €32
– young person’s permit (12 – 18 years): €20
– introductory permit (under 12 years): €6
… for further information please visit fishing permits.
Everything you need to know about fishing rules and regulations.
If you already have an annual fishing permit, it may well be valid for use on the lake. Please check out the reciprocal arrangements between fishing associations and departments.
For children aged 4 to 12, every morning from 9.30am to midday, Monday to Saturday: handicrafts, creative workshops, drawing, singing, dancing, group games and a multi-sports pitch etc.
A popular tourist region
The region of Carladez, located between Aubrac and the Monts du Cantal, is home to the “Sentiers de l’Imaginaire” discovery trails. Carladez, which owes much of its heritage to Aveyron and, to a lesser extent, Cantal, has two distinct characters that can be traced way back.
The region is renowned for its two breeds of cattle, Salers and Aubrac, as well as its two local dishes, truffade and aligot. It’s also a great place for a family hike, exploring the Sentiers de l’Imaginaire discovery trails, along the banks of the Truyère and the foothills of the Monts du Cantal.
Two worlds to discover, both guaranteed to delight!